We partner with mission-driven organizations to expand their impact through strategy and program design. Working side-by-side with our clients, we apply a collaborative, people-first approach to co-create innovative programs that positively impact people’s lives.
As engagements require, we curate specialist teams from a wide range of disciplines to help deliver outstanding results for our clients. We are currently looking to add an exceptional early- to mid-career freelancer to our team to collaborate on projects in the areas of gender diversity, international development financing, food security, and community engagement/advocacy.
- Are respected by your peers for the way you attentively listen and thoughtfully question
- Have lots of ideas but are always seeking new opportunities for learning
- Take a human-centered approach to everything you do
- Have a bias towards action, a sleeves-rolled-up mentality, and are comfortable with autonomy and ambiguity
- Have experience working in communities and cultures other than your own
- Have a great sense of humor and show grace under pressure
- Consider yourself an interdisciplinary designer and are familiar with participatory design, co-creation methodologies, and service design
- Know your way around graphic design and have some experience with relevant tools and software
- Are based in Boston or otherwise have reliable access to strong internet service
- Are a young start-up with a growing portfolio of strategy and applied design projects in the social sector
- Are deeply committed to equity and social justice and think that strategic design can help make things right in the world
- Believe that work should be challenging, rewarding, and fun
- Offer a flexible working arrangement and a potential path to an exciting and rewarding full-time position
- Believe our path to impact runs not only through our clients but also through our teammates; we're deeply invested in providing an environment/opportunities to learn and grow so you can unleash your best self on the world today, tomorrow, and when you receive a McArthur Genius Grant some day in the future
As a team strongly committed to equity, justice, and prosperity for all we are especially interested in hearing from people of color, women, LGBTQ+ and gender non-conforming persons, and people with disabilities.
Sound intriguing? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, daily rate, and a brief note about (1) what you want to get out of this role, (2) how you can help us supercharge the impact of our work, and (3) the last time you threw out a wild idea that actually changed the course of your work. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and close March 14th, 2018.